Picture This: Snuggly Oranges

I love books. I love photography. And I love getting to know new people. That’s why I decided to combine these three things in this little feature called Picture This, where I ask other bloggers to share five pictures with us, bookish and non-bookish. But mostly bookish. This time, we’re admiring snap shots taken by

debby snuggly oranges

Picture 1: I am a superficial book hoarder

“When I stumbled upon Barnes & Noble’s leatherbound classics collection I immediately knew I HAD to have them. They are the prettiest books I’ve ever seen. Now I have quite a few of them and… I still haven’t read any of them xD I will get around to it. Sometime. But now it’s just like — look! My pretties! (Come into my room and I may or may not shove them in your hands to brag.)”

Picture 2: My favorite reading spot

“So I have a balcony that is probably all of like 1 square meter, but when it’s sunny (you know, those 5 days per year, whatever), it’s amazing. I just love my view of my city.”

Picture 3: Something I decorated my bookcase with

“Further proof that I am a total nerd: I have a chocobo on my bookcase and he’s adorable. When trying to find things to take pictures of I finally really realized that… he’s reading a book! How perfect is that? I adore my chocobo ♥”

Picture 4: First author encounter

“Last November I had the amazing opportunity to meet Tahereh Mafi when she came to the Netherlands to promote her book. She was so hilarious and friendly, and hearing about her writing process was insightful and inspiring. And then, of course, I got my first ever signed book. Her signature is freaking amazing.”

Picture 5: My best bookish memory

“Definitely 100% my trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London — and more specifically, Diagon Alley. It was amazing. I was in awe. It really felt like I was there. Considering Harry Potter is my favorite series ever and the series that made me a reader, my book nerd heart rejoiced.”

– – –
Thanks so much for participating, Debby! I’m drooling over your leatherbound books (I WANT THEM ALL) and I love your view of the city. I think I’ve said it before, but I’m still bummed that I didn’t get to meet Tahereh when she was here, but it’s SO AWESOME that you did! And I WILL go to the Harry Potter Studio eventually.
If you want to sign up for Picture This, check out this post!
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/16kupe8.gif[/IMG]

Judith is a 21 year old book blogger and reviewer, English student, part time magazine editor, compulsive book buyer, aspiring writer, proud book pusher, founder of Paper Riot and co-founder of the Recaptains. She is kind of addicted to Twitter. More?

25 Responses to “Picture This: Snuggly Oranges”

1. ooh LOVE this one! I’m definitely participating next time cuz I FINALLY got a camera! woohoo!
    – Farah @ MajiBookshelf

2. Annie says:

Ooooh, Diagon Alley! Love all those pretty books! :) Nice to meet you, Debby!

3. Great pictures! I love them all… especially your view of the sit. Man am I jealous I would be out there every night!

4. Asti says:

Wow, those leatherbound classics are BEAUTIFUL! So worth the purchase, even if you haven’t read them. Drooooolll. Oh, and because of your post about the HP Studio Tour in London I have demanded my boyfriend take me there when I go over to study in the fall. How did I not know this existed before?!

Love this feature! Great pictures Debby!

5. Ah, I love ALL of these! I’m so jealous of the leather bound collection. . . I pick up a few every time I go into Barnes and Nobles, but I never actually buy any. But they’re SO. PRETTY. Also, you have a gorgeous balcony view!

• Debby says:

I pretty much just get them as presents from my family, so there’s always a couple of them on my wishlist. So worth it ♥ And thank you! :)

6. Debby says:

Heeeeeeeeee, thanks again for having this awesome feature and I’m sorry for making you envious of my books :P LOVE YOU

7. Nicole says:

So I already said this on twitter but I will post again here! I love this idea for a post! And I’m so glad to see Debby featured so I can learn more about her. :D I am loving the leatherbound classics but I am particularly jealous of that view. My goal in life is to own a home with a view! (well, one among many :D) I am also super jealous of your studio tour of Harry Potter. I am hoping to visit Universal Studios Harry Potter World at some point! :) :)

Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

8. My life isn’t completed without a visit to the Harry Potter studio and wow, your leatherbound classics are SO pretty! <3

9. Courtney Kaz says:

I am also obsessed with the Barnes & Noble leatherbound classics! every time i go there, i admire them, but i haven’t bought one yet for some reason. They’re so beautiful!

10. Kbaby81 says:

Jealous much? Yessss! LOL! The Count of Monte Cristo is my favorite classic. Well, it’s running neck and neck with Pride and Prejudice.

11. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed those leatherbound editions. I’ve been wanting to buy them for so long but MONEY. It’s ruining my book buying life. OMG I love the view of the city!

• Debby says:

Haha, true enough – but the prices are really reasonable. If I were to find books even remotely like that in the Netherlands, I would expect them to cost at least 50 euros. So 20 dollars is a steal! I couldn’t pass that up. :)

12. Alisa Selene says:

LOVE the books and YAY! Harry Potter!:)

13. Ooooh wow! Barnes & Noble’s leatherbound classics collection is gorgeous, I’d love to have them!
    And yay for Potter studio tour, my favorite bookish memory of my entire life!
    Lovely pictures!

14. Alexa Y. says:

I love those leatherbound classics – I want to collect them too! And I’m so jealous you got to go on the studio tour, as that’s something that’s definitely on my to do list.

15. Romi says:

Those books in the first picture are absolutely beautiful! Your chocobo is so sweet, too, and going the HP studio must have been incredible! I loved reading this and finding out about some amazing bookish things!

16. Micheline D says:

Oh my, those leather-bound books are just too dreamy!! I want them ALL *makes grabby hands* I just love your outdoor reading spot too ♥ And OMG The Harry Potter Studio Tour in London – what a DREAM come true :D

Lovely post!!