Epic Recs started out as a feature in which Amber and I force each other to read books. Like an impromptu book club, consisting of just the two of us. Or a game of truth or dare without the truth. It’s awesome. Our friendship depends on these books, so there’s no pressure whatsoever. We both like to force people to read books, so it was an excellent excuse to test our book pushing. Because of enthusiastic and rather threatening comments, we decided to open it up for everyone to join. So do you like book pushing or do you just want a fun book club-ish feature to participate in? Hi!
What are the rules?
- Find a friend you want to recommend books to (or two friends, or three friends, etc.) OR sign up here and we’ll assign you to a partner.
- Link up your Epic Recs post at the beginning of each month (stating what you are planning to read, who Epic Rec’d it and what they are reading in return).
- You are welcome to request a new partner every month. But if you partnership doesn’t work out, you are responsible for telling your partner this. We are not a dating service that breaks up for you.
- You are welcome to participate every month or just once. It’s totally up to you.
- You are allowed to deny recs, as long as you and your partner are okay with it. This is totally up to you. Amber and I like forcing books on each other, so we don’t really deny them, but hey, it’s your party.
What are we reading this month?
amber’s rec judith’s rec
Last month I recommended Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas to Amber, which – thank goodness – she really liked. I even forgive her for comparing Chaol to Stefan Salvatore because she’s shipping the Celaena/Chaol/Dorian OT3. Amber rec’d Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian to me, which I’m currently reading and liking. For February, Amber is going to read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak because SHE HASN’T READ IT YET CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. I read it a billion times. It’s beautiful. She will cry and I will enjoy it. I will be reading The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller, because it has a beautiful ship (?) and I’m pretty sure it ruined Amber’s, Tatum’s AND Lauren’s lives. So um. No pressure this month. This may be our most epic Epic Recs yet. Or we might end up killing each other. Oh boy.